Misaligned teeth and bite problems caused by the wrong alignments are common and persistent problems for many. It is known as malocclusion. They also lead to a number of other additional problems. Overbites, crooked teeth and many other types of malocclusion are to be seen commonly. Here is a list of the other malocclusion that might be the case with you and you would not know.
- Overbite: It is quite normal that the upper teeth line will overlap the lower front teeth. However, when the overlapping is excessive, leading the upper front teeth to bite even the lower jaw, it is known as overbite.
- Over jet: This should not be confused with the overbite. It is the case when the upper teeth line horizontally extends past the lower teeth line. This protrusion can actually be very risky and problematic for speech and eating habits.
- Cross bite: In this case, the upper teeth bite slides into the lower teeth bite. It usually happens to only one side of the jaw, but can even happen to both the sides of the jaw. The front as well as the back of the teeth that are coming into friction can be damaged in this malocclusion.
- Overcrowding: When there is a lack of space or no space between the teeth, the teeth overlap on each other. This gives a crooked appearance to the teeth. Amongst the adults, this is the most common malocclusion that leads them to go for orthodontic treatments. Orthodontic Invisible braces can fix your teeth overcrwoding.
- Diastema: When you have a significant and visible amount of spacing in between the top front two teeth, it is known as diastema. Many celebrities have this and some of them proudly boast it, making it their statement.
- Under bite: Also known as anterior cross bite, the under bite is the condition in which the lower front teeth covers the upper front teeth in a bite.
- Impacted tooth: Sometimes, one or more teeth that are impacted are unable to erupt completely and properly. In that case, there is a gap that forms in that position. Usually the dentist would remove it and fill the gap with a brace in that place.
- Spacing: Those people, who in their young and tender age had the habit of thumb sucking and tongue thrusting and some, without these habits, can have spaces in between one or more of their teeth.
- Open bite: Sometimes, the upper teeth do not overlap the lower teeth. In that case, an open or gapped bite is formed that is also known as an anterior open bite.
- Missing tooth: In dentistry terms, it is known as hypodontia. When, due to some trauma or other reason, you have one or more of your teeth missing, it will create a gap in your teeth line.
Whatever the type of malocclusion you might have experienced, they all can effectively be treated with the help of the orthodontists. A skilled invisible braces dentist would help you in achieving the desired look. To get best Orthodontic clinics in the cities of United Kingdom, like Edinburgh, Glasgow, Nottingham, Leeds or in Manchester visit the most popular dental directory of UK, Dentists Near Me.